Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default delete drawings in a centain selection

I tried to delete all the drawings in a certain selection.

sub deletedrawings()
Sheets("Resultaat").Select
Range("A60:H60").Select
Range("H60").Activate
activecells.DrawingObjects(1).Delete
Selection.ClearContents
end sub

But he gives an error on the line:
activecells.DrawingObjects(1).Delete

Note: searching and fine the drawing isn't an option because this is
totally random.
I just want to delete all drawings ans cells in the selection I made.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 26, 6:58 pm, bartman1980 wrote:
I tried to delete all the drawings in a certain selection.

sub deletedrawings()
Sheets("Resultaat").Select
Range("A60:H60").Select
Range("H60").Activate
activecells.DrawingObjects(1).Delete
Selection.ClearContents
end sub

But he gives an error on the line:
activecells.DrawingObjects(1).Delete

Note: searching and fine the drawing isn't an option because this is
totally random.
I just want to delete all drawings ans cells in the selection I made.

Maybe something like this...

Public Sub DeleteShpsWithTLCell_InSelection()
Dim Shp As Shape
For Each Shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
If Not Intersect(Shp.TopLeftCell, Selection) Is Nothing Then
Shp.Delete
End If
Next Shp
End Sub

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 26, 9:58 am, bartman1980 wrote:
I tried to delete all the drawings in a certain selection.

sub deletedrawings()
Sheets("Resultaat").Select
Range("A60:H60").Select
Range("H60").Activate
activecells.DrawingObjects(1).Delete
Selection.ClearContents
end sub

But he gives an error on the line:
activecells.DrawingObjects(1).Delete

Note: searching and fine the drawing isn't an option because this is
totally random.
I just want to delete all drawings ans cells in the selection I made.

Hi
ActiveCells does not have a DrawingObjects property, hence the error.
try this, which will delete any shape whose top left corner or bottom
rigth corner is in the range (though you might only have the bottom
left corner in the range....puzzle that one out yourself!)

Sub deletedrawings()
Dim myShape As Shape
Sheets("Resultaat").Select
Range("A60:H60").Select
Range("H60").Activate
Set myRange = Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown))
myRange.Select
For Each myShape In Sheets("Resultaat").Shapes
Set Testrange1 = Intersect(myShape.TopLeftCell, myRange)
Set TestRange2 = Intersect(myShape.BottomRightCell, myRange)
If Not TestRange1 Is Nothing Or Not TestRange2 Is Nothing Then
myShape.Delete
End If
Next myShape
Selection.ClearContents
End Sub

regards
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub deletedrawings()
Dim rngTop As Double
Dim rngBottom As Double
Dim rngLeft As Double
Dim rngRight As Double
Dim shp

'Sheets("Resultaat").Select
With Range("A60:H60")
rngTop = .Top
rngBottom = rngTop + .Height
rngLeft = .Left
rngRight = rngLeft + .Width
For Each shp In ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects
If shp.Top <= rngBottom And shp.Top + shp.Height = rngTop And _
shp.Left <= rngRight And shp.Left + shp.Width = rngLeft
Then
shp.Delete
End If
Next shp
.ClearContents
End With

HTH

Bob

"bartman1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
I tried to delete all the drawings in a certain selection.

sub deletedrawings()
Sheets("Resultaat").Select
Range("A60:H60").Select
Range("H60").Activate
activecells.DrawingObjects(1).Delete
Selection.ClearContents
end sub

But he gives an error on the line:
activecells.DrawingObjects(1).Delete

Note: searching and fine the drawing isn't an option because this is
totally random.
I just want to delete all drawings ans cells in the selection I made.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 26 okt, 11:46, Ken Johnson wrote:
[...]

Ken Johnson- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi Ken,
This works perfect!
Thanks!