Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Office Clipboard empties itself when enabling/disabling commandbars

Hi,

I am enabling and disabling Insert, Delete and Cut buttons from the
standard commandbars that Excel has (commandbars("Cell"),
commandbars("Insert") and also Onkey events). I disable the buttons
whenever the workbook gets activated. The trouble that I am running
into right now is that if the user copies something from a different
workbook and activates my workbook, the clipboard gets emptied (and
the dotted flickering lines in the other workbook disappear as well)
and thus he cannot paste whatever he copied from the other workbook
into this workbook. I think the problem is that enabling and disabling
these buttons is clearing the office clipboard inherently. Are there
any good workarounds for this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Naveen