Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot tables field grouping

I have a database with dates, sales and profits. I need to create report for
daily, monthly and yearly sales on different worksheets. I have created pivot
tables for reporting. But the problem is that when I group the date field on
monthly sheet by month, the same field is grouped by month on the quarter
sheet. I need the different groupings of date field on different sheets, but
this is not happening. It is not that the pivot tables are created from each
other. They are all created from the data source so why are they being
dependent on each other? I am using Excel 2003. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Create separate pivot tables, each based on the original data range,
instead of copying the pivot table to create the different reports.

If all the pivot tables are copies of the first pivot table, or based on
the existing pivot table, they use the same pivot cache, and the
grouping is the same for all pivot tables based on the same pivot cache.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the results are the same, then you're not creating a new pivot table
based on the source table.
Select a cell in the source data, and choose DataPivotTable and
PivotChart Report
In step 1, select Microsoft Office Excel list or database, and click Next
Select the range for the data, and click Next
A message will appear, asking if the new report should be based on the
same data as the existing report.
Click NO, to make the reports separate -- this is the key step.
Then, complete the Wizard, to make the pivot table.