Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add Data Scaling in same chart

Hello,
I am presenting in a chart Y vs X (curve #1).
I would like to add a second curve where Y is scaled by a factor: INT, this
means the second curve is Y2 vs X where Y2=Y*INT.

I would like to do this WITHOUT the need to generate another vector Y2 in a
workbook.

Is it possible?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why must you avoid making the calculation in the worksheet? Worksheets are
made for calculations, and charts for displaying numbers. Charts cannot do
this kind of calculation.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Daniel" wrote in message
Hello,
I am presenting in a chart Y vs X (curve #1).
I would like to add a second curve where Y is scaled by a factor: INT,
this
means the second curve is Y2 vs X where Y2=Y*INT.

I would like to do this WITHOUT the need to generate another vector Y2 in
workbook.

Is it possible?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jon,
I am avoiding the worksheet because I am trying to minimize its size, I have
a lot in them.
would it be possible to point to the same Y vector but somehow scale it and
present it along with the original?
Dan

"Daniel" wrote in message
Hello,
I am presenting in a chart Y vs X (curve #1).
I would like to add a second curve where Y is scaled by a factor: INT,
this
means the second curve is Y2 vs X where Y2=Y*INT.

I would like to do this WITHOUT the need to generate another vector Y2 in
workbook.

Is it possible?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You mean minimize file size? It won't help. You can in fact use names to
plot data that doesn't appear in the sheet, but this does not affect file
size at all, and it makes it harder to make adjustments if the parameters
change, because you cannot see the formulas.

I always advise users to put formulas and values in the worksheet, so that
they can see any intermediate calculations. If there is any file size
savings, it is insignificant in terms of the cost of file storage and
especially in terms of the time it will take someone else to figure out what
you've done, or the time it will take you in two weeks to remember and
reconstruct what you've done.

- Jon
-------