Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros in Excel 2007

I watched the demo online about where all the 2003 commands are in 2007 but
the demo did not show anything about recording macros. It only showed how to
turn on the developer tab.
And what's a ribbon??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

BillF,

The ribbon in Excel 2007 is actually the toolbars in older versions of excel
(just expanded). If you are not using the Developer ribbon and you want to
run/create/use a macro click 'View' on on the ribbon and look on the right
side for "Macros" .

"BillF" wrote:

I watched the demo online about where all the 2003 commands are in 2007 but
the demo did not show anything about recording macros. It only showed how to
turn on the developer tab.
And what's a ribbon??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I do not have the software; I am only looking at the demo. I have not been
happy with what I see as far as the tools in Excel 2007. It seems to be much
more difficult to accomplish simple tasks. I am interested in how the Macro
stuff works but the demo only shows how to turn on the Developer tab and
nothing about how to edit or record or assign macros.
This alleged upgrade is another one of Microsoft's cartoon additions that
don't add to the functionality of the product. I still use the old style
windows option in XP because I can't stand all the cartoon icons.