Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selecting cells in a row

when rowcount = 3, I need to select cells A3 thru H3

when rowcount = 5, I need to select cells A5 thru H5

I have tried a few things, but I'm missing something

' rowcount count's thru the rows of a sheet I have

I have;

a_num = rowcount
h_num = rowcount

cells("a_num:h_num").select

This doesnt seem to work

Can anyone suggest somthing I could try?

Thanks

Jeff W.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 18, 12:20 am, "Jeff W." wrote:
when rowcount = 3, I need to select cells A3 thru H3

when rowcount = 5, I need to select cells A5 thru H5

I have tried a few things, but I'm missing something

' rowcount count's thru the rows of a sheet I have

I have;

a_num = rowcount
h_num = rowcount

cells("a_num:h_num").select

This doesnt seem to work

Can anyone suggest somthing I could try?

Thanks

Jeff W.

Range(Cells(rowcount, 1), _
Cells(rowcount, 8)).Select

But, please keep in mind, is most situations, actual selection of
cells is not necessary. See your other post (link below) for an
example.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2933ba40f978f7

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This helped me get the one I was struggling with to work,
I am using your code from below, its half the size.

Thanks...

Jeff W.

"JW" wrote in message
ups.com...