Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excessively large file size?

I've got a 3Mb Excel file that contains 6 spreadsheets with very little data,
but which contain 4 forms, one that contains about 30 controls on three
separate tab (multi-page) controls. Is it normal for forms to take up
so..... much room in an Excel file? Is there a way to "Compact" the file?

I'm used to Access where a form with the minimal functionality I have
implemented might only "cost me" 150-200 Kb.

Dale
--
Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Looks it is too big indeed.
Try running the code cleaner and see if it gets smaller:
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

RBS

"Dale Fye" wrote in message
I've got a 3Mb Excel file that contains 6 spreadsheets with very little
data,
but which contain 4 forms, one that contains about 30 controls on three
separate tab (multi-page) controls. Is it normal for forms to take up
so..... much room in an Excel file? Is there a way to "Compact" the file?

I'm used to Access where a form with the minimal functionality I have
implemented might only "cost me" 150-200 Kb.

Dale
--
Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rob,

This is a great tool! Reduced the size of my project by 90%.

I'm new to Excel VBA, but have 11 years of Access VBA behind me so am
picking it up pretty quickly. I'll have to dig under the covers to see what
you are doing.

Thanks.