Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2007 crashes when I open a file with vba code

When I open a file wich contains macro's excel 2007 crashes and trys to
restart.
Tried to reinstall Office with "repair", with no succes. At the end I have
uninstall the office application, and then install it again. Still the same
problem. Who can help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have been given a spreadsheet created in XP Pro with 2003 Excel. I was
able to open and use it with the same setup. I now have XP Pro with 2007 on
a completely new system.

When I attempt to open the file from the email attachment it acts like it is
going to open in 2007 for a few seconds. I can see the file and it looks
correct. It then shows the EUROTOOL.XLAM in the bottom of the 2007 Excel for
a second and then gives me the - Do you want to send Microsoft error notice.

I have duplicated the same results on another new system with XP Pro and
2007 Excel.

Any suggestions?

"Harrie Ribbers" wrote:

When I open a file wich contains macro's excel 2007 crashes and trys to
restart.
Tried to reinstall Office with "repair", with no succes. At the end I have
uninstall the office application, and then install it again. Still the same
problem. Who can help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Uncheck this add-in and try again (Alt ti in the English version)

EUROTOOL.XLAM

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Harrie Ribbers" wrote:

When I open a file wich contains macro's excel 2007 crashes and trys to
restart.
Tried to reinstall Office with "repair", with no succes. At the end I have
uninstall the office application, and then install it again. Still the same
problem. Who can help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Ron. I removed EUROTOOL.XLAM as an Add In. File will still not
open and quickly promps me to the MS Send Erro message.

I have also gone back to the MS CD that came with the unit and installed all
available from CD. No change when opening the excel file. Still routes to
MS Send Error message.

Tom R.

"Harrie Ribbers" wrote:

When I open a file wich contains macro's excel 2007 crashes and trys to
restart.
Tried to reinstall Office with "repair", with no succes. At the end I have
uninstall the office application, and then install it again. Still the same
problem. Who can help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes - same response.

The file looks like it is going to open. It is open on the screen for a few
seconds before the MS Error notice.

By selecting either button, send or don't send, the error message appears
again. After selecting either button the second time, the file opens with no
formatting (no formulas / dates / colors).

"Harrie Ribbers" wrote:

When I open a file wich contains macro's excel 2007 crashes and trys to
restart.
Tried to reinstall Office with "repair", with no succes. At the end I have
uninstall the office application, and then install it again. Still the same
problem. Who can help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try to open Excel in Safe modus and then open the same file from your harddisk

Close Excel
Hold the Ctrl key when you open excel and say yes in the dialog that popup

--

"Harrie Ribbers" wrote:

When I open a file wich contains macro's excel 2007 crashes and trys to
restart.
Tried to reinstall Office with "repair", with no succes. At the end I have
uninstall the office application, and then install it again. Still the same
problem. Who can help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Same process happened as stated before.
Opened Excel in Safe mode.
Opened file.
MS error report
yes
MS error report
Opens with no format.

"Harrie Ribbers" wrote:

When I open a file wich contains macro's excel 2007 crashes and trys to
restart.
Tried to reinstall Office with "repair", with no succes. At the end I have
uninstall the office application, and then install it again. Still the same
problem. Who can help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it is always the same file that it is possible that it is corrupt.

You can try to clear your Temp folder

Close Excel
StartRun
Enter this %temp%
OK
Delete all files and folders in the folder that will open

Good night

--

"Harrie Ribbers" wrote:

When I open a file wich contains macro's excel 2007 crashes and trys to
restart.
Tried to reinstall Office with "repair", with no succes. At the end I have
uninstall the office application, and then install it again. Still the same
problem. Who can help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is it always the same file ?

Maybe it is corrupt