-   -   Excel language for modelling (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/399474-excel-language-modelling.html)

Matteo

Excel language for modelling

Hello to all,
I have a problem, i'm trying to use a model in engligh on an Italian excel.
The problem is that the Italian version of Excel doesn't recognise formulas
in a different language. Is there a way to set excel to recognise formulas in
two languages at the same time?

Many thanks

Niek Otten

Excel language for modelling

Hi Matteo,

Excel should automatically translate your formulas and localizations like decimal, thousands and list separators. Analysis Toolpak
functions, however, are not translated automatically. You can find a translation tool he

http://www.rondebruin.nl/atptranslator.htm

There are a few more things to be careful with: literals are not translated. Examples a Formatting strings in the TEXT
function, Cell addresses for the INDIRECT function if in R1C1 format, etc.

Excel 2007 should translate ATP functions, but there are problems, described he

http://www.rondebruin.nl/atp.htm
--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Matteo" wrote in message ...
| Hello to all,
| I have a problem, i'm trying to use a model in engligh on an Italian excel.
| The problem is that the Italian version of Excel doesn't recognise formulas
| in a different language. Is there a way to set excel to recognise formulas in
| two languages at the same time?
|
| Many thanks

Matteo

Excel language for modelling