Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
XP XP is offline

Default Get path to file used as a template from opened copy

Using Office 2003 and Windows XP;

I need to return the path to the template file on which the current file was
opened. The file will be opened by users, but it could also be copied into
other directories, so I need it to be dynamic. The problem is, the template
is not saved, so there is no path...yet.

Should I/can I somehow code the file opened as a copy to get this
information in a global variable On_Open? Any ideas?

Thanks much in advance for your assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel isn't like MSWord. Excel doesn't keep track of what template was used as
the basis for a workbook.

Maybe you could hide the path in a hidden worksheet or a hidden name?

--

Dave Peterson