Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default about ctrl+g in vbe

i want to clear the texts after ctrl+g in vbe.
for example
debug.print 3
debug.print 3
debug.print 7

and then
debugWnd.clear this syntax....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe this has come up before, and the answer was there is no way to
programmatically clear the immediate pane. Easiest way to clear it is to
place the cursor in the immediate pane, press Ctrl-a, then press Delete.
James
"tom taol" wrote in message

i want to clear the texts after ctrl+g in vbe.
for example
debug.print 3
debug.print 3
debug.print 7

and then
debugWnd.clear this syntax....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think someone came up with a suggestion, but sometimes it crashed excel
(IIRC).

Maybe just doing something like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()
Dim iCtr As Long
For iCtr = 1 To 1000
Debug.Print
Next iCtr
End Sub

would be enough for the OP.

"tom taol" wrote in message

i want to clear the texts after ctrl+g in vbe.
for example
debug.print 3
debug.print 3
debug.print 7

and then
debugWnd.clear this syntax....

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

MZ Tools (www.mztools.com) seems to do it programmatically, but I don't know
how it works. I tried subclassing the Immediate window using SPY++ to see
what messages it was receiving, but I never got the right messages. This is
but one of many very nice tools that are supplied by MZ Tools; it is a good
add-in for any serious VB/VBA/NET programmer.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"tom taol" wrote in message

i want to clear the texts after ctrl+g in vbe.
for example
debug.print 3
debug.print 3
debug.print 7

and then
debugWnd.clear this syntax....

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure if I remembered correctly. I think that the problem with one
suggestion (a long time ago) was that it used sendkeys to try to clear that
immediate window. And sometimes, it would clear the data on a worksheet. (It
may not have anything to do with crashing excel.)