Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding Last Saved Date to Header

Hello all,

I am trying to find a way to automatically put the last saved date
into the header of an excel document. Is there an easy macro that can
replace the last saved date every time the document is saved?
Essentially, I need it to look like this

Last Update: (last saved date)

I have only recorded a few basic macros that run with certain
keystrokes. (Ctrl+Shift+Q, etc...). However I have never written one
that will run when the event is saving/ saving while exiting. How
would I go about inserting this into my workbook? Any help is greatly
appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi cardan

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Last

You can use the BeforeSave event instead of the BeforePrint event if you want

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"cardan" wrote in message oups.com...
Hello all,

I am trying to find a way to automatically put the last saved date
into the header of an excel document. Is there an easy macro that can
replace the last saved date every time the document is saved?
Essentially, I need it to look like this

Last Update: (last saved date)

I have only recorded a few basic macros that run with certain
keystrokes. (Ctrl+Shift+Q, etc...). However I have never written one
that will run when the event is saving/ saving while exiting. How
would I go about inserting this into my workbook? Any help is greatly
appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 12, 4:07 pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Hi cardan

Seehttp://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Last

You can use the BeforeSave event instead of the BeforePrint event if you want

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"cardan" wrote in ooglegroups.com...
Hello all,

I am trying to find a way to automatically put the last saved date
into the header of an excel document. Is there an easy macro that can
replace the last saved date every time the document is saved?
Essentially, I need it to look like this

Last Update: (last saved date)

I have only recorded a few basic macros that run with certain
keystrokes. (Ctrl+Shift+Q, etc...). However I have never written one
that will run when the event is saving/ saving while exiting. How
would I go about inserting this into my workbook? Any help is greatly
appreciated. Thank you in advance!- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for the response. It seems to be working well. However, I do
have some formatting issues. I had the header underlined and
italicized before, however, this macro erases the formatting. Is there
a way to write in the font style, size, underline and italicized into
the macro? Thanks again for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi cardan

See this example where you can see how you can add formatting
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#not