Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UserInterfaceOnly

Hi,

I've been trying to put this in my workbook but the userinterfaceonly is not
picking up. Is there something else I need to do?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim wkSheet As Worksheet

For Each wkSheet In Worksheets
wkSheet.Protect Password:="pw", _
userinterfaceonly:=True, _
AllowFormattingCells:=True, _
AllowFiltering:=True
Next wkSheet

Thanks for your help.
Karen53
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Karen53" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I've been trying to put this in my workbook but the userinterfaceonly is not
picking up. Is there something else I need to do?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim wkSheet As Worksheet

For Each wkSheet In Worksheets
wkSheet.Protect Password:="pw", _
userinterfaceonly:=True, _
AllowFormattingCells:=True, _
AllowFiltering:=True
Next wkSheet

Thanks for your help.
Karen53

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

Thank you so much for the information! I needed it!

I haven't gotten there yet, though. If you look at my code the
userinterfaceonly:=True is in lower case. I type them in lower case so when
it's correct and accepted Excel adds the case formatting. Excel is not doing
so with the userinterfaceonly. I see no typing errors. Shouldn't some of
the letters be capitalized like the others?

--
Thanks for your help.
Karen53

"Karen53" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I've been trying to put this in my workbook but the userinterfaceonly is not
picking up. Is there something else I need to do?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim wkSheet As Worksheet

For Each wkSheet In Worksheets
wkSheet.Protect Password:="pw", _
userinterfaceonly:=True, _
AllowFormattingCells:=True, _
AllowFiltering:=True
Next wkSheet

Thanks for your help.
Karen53

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

-No need for userinterfaceonly in the newer Excel versions

Record a macro when you do your steps manual and look at the code in 2002 and up

You need the code on Debra's site in 97-2000

--

"Karen53" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I've been trying to put this in my workbook but the userinterfaceonly is not
picking up. Is there something else I need to do?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim wkSheet As Worksheet

For Each wkSheet In Worksheets
wkSheet.Protect Password:="pw", _
userinterfaceonly:=True, _
AllowFormattingCells:=True, _
AllowFiltering:=True
Next wkSheet

Thanks for your help.
Karen53

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron,

Since I'm using 2003 I don't need to set it? It's that way automatically?
Great!

Thanks!
--
Thanks for your help.
Karen53

"Karen53" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I've been trying to put this in my workbook but the userinterfaceonly is not
picking up. Is there something else I need to do?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim wkSheet As Worksheet

For Each wkSheet In Worksheets
wkSheet.Protect Password:="pw", _
userinterfaceonly:=True, _
AllowFormattingCells:=True, _
AllowFiltering:=True
Next wkSheet

Thanks for your help.
Karen53

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi ron,

I'm confused by something. I've recorded my macro with a password yet the
password does not show up in the code. Don't I need the password? How do I
reset if if I unprotect the sheet? I'm in 2003.

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True _

"Karen53" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I've been trying to put this in my workbook but the userinterfaceonly is not
picking up. Is there something else I need to do?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim wkSheet As Worksheet

For Each wkSheet In Worksheets
wkSheet.Protect Password:="pw", _
userinterfaceonly:=True, _
AllowFormattingCells:=True, _
AllowFiltering:=True
Next wkSheet

Thanks for your help.
Karen53

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've recorded my macro with a password yet the
password does not show up in the code.

I would assume that the macro recorder doesn't insert the password into
recorded code as a security measure. If you are using a password, you may
not want it the code for anyone to see.

You can modify the recorded code to include a password and the UI flag:

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, _
Scenarios:=True, Password:="abc", userinterfaceonly:=True

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

_