Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how do i add negative time to positive time

I am using excel to design a flexi time sheet for my self. the problem that i
am having is adding two negative times together(two weeks say where i have
worked less than 37 hrs) and adding a negitive time to a positive time. week
three sayi work over 37 now need to adjust to week one and two
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you change a setting:
tools|Options|calculation tab|check 1904 date system
(xl2003 menu)

You'll be able to see negative times.

But be careful. If you have dates in that workbook, you'll see them change by 4
years and 1 day.

One way to add those four years back is to find an empty cell, put 1462 into
that cell.

Copy that cell.

Select your range that contains the dates.
Edit|PasteSpecial|Click Add (or Subtract) depending on which workbook you want
to fix.

You may have to reformat the cell as a date (mine turned to a 5 digit number).
But it should work.

You may want to do it against a copy...just in case.

Most windows users use 1900 as the base date. Mac users (mostly??) use 1904 as
the base date.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi pete thanks for your time. I do not have a problem with dispalying time
as a negative.on the worksheet. my problem is that i want to add them
together. i also want to be able to add a negative time to a positive time
many thanks. stuart