Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula Help :-(

Hi

I am quite new to excel's more advanced formulas.
What I currently have on my table is:

A cell that contains the formula =TODAY()
This cell is working and returns todays day eg Wednesday used cell
properties to change its form no problem there

I also have within the sheet a table that contains days on which an item is
to be ordered also in the form of text eg Wednesday.

My final colum is a To be ordered whihc i wanted it to compare the value
from the =TODAY() formula and compare it with the day in the order day cell
and return true if they match or false if they don't

I tried this formula but it doesn't work can anyone help me thanks

=EXACT(J7,$B$1)
J7 = the days to be ordered in text form
B1 = Formula containing =TODAY()

Hope that makes sence

thanks Katy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Phil
Since Today() function returns a numeric value (even though you have
formatted it to "appear" as text for day of week), you must convert it to
text to enable its comparison with your text value in J7.
Thus:
=EXACT(J7,TEXT($B$1,"dddd"))
should do the trick.

HTH