Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Vista Registry Entries

I have been using a VBA routine which would create registry
entries into Windows XP from Excel. I have tested it on Vista
and no entries are entered into the Registry. Is there a new method
for entering registry values into Vista? If so, does anyone have any
sample code I can use and test?

Thanks,
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My guess is that the problem is Vista's higher security. If you cannot
write to a key have a look at it in Regedit.exe. Right click the key and
check Permissions.

--
Jim
"Jim" wrote in message
|I have been using a VBA routine which would create registry
| entries into Windows XP from Excel. I have tested it on Vista
| and no entries are entered into the Registry. Is there a new method
| for entering registry values into Vista? If so, does anyone have any
| sample code I can use and test?
|
| Thanks,
| Jim

Combine Multiple Entries with differing amounts of entries Katie Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 28th 07 09:53 PM
Vista Registry Entries Jim[_67_] Excel Programming 1 June 19th 07 03:38 PM
Value from Registry Roy Lasris Excel Programming 3 February 23rd 04 11:53 PM
Registry Tom Ogilvy Excel Programming 1 July 16th 03 01:02 AM
Registry Patrick Molloy[_4_] Excel Programming 0 July 15th 03 12:45 PM