Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default countif

i was asking help for tabulating the results of a feedback form.

if i have 100 feedback forms, how do i count the number of 'fair'

example, in coulmn E i have responses including 'fair', 'good' and
'excellent'.

someone adviced me to use the countif formula..

but, how come it only works for some cells?
need it urgently.. if there is another method, pls reply to this
post..

thx alot.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

Hi Elaine

Just make a list of your responces having unique values in current worksheet
at some place

Eg.

Cell_ref:Value
A1:Excellent
A2:Fair
A3:Good

Now use countif, in that
1.<Column No- Give the column No of your data
2.Second argument give the cell ref of value to count in the range eg.

AND PRESS: CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER

And it will return you
Excellent:No of count in complete column
Good:No of count in complete column
Fair:No of count in complete column

={Countif(<Column_No,A1)}