Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Aqua buttons

When are one of you VBA geniuses out there going to create some Aqua buttons
for Office?

I don't have a clue how as to how it could be done, but it sure would be cool.

--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Make your button from Controls rather than Forms. There is a BackColor
property you can set. There is a nice Federal Blue, but I don't know about
aqua
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200748

"BillyRogers" wrote:

When are one of you VBA geniuses out there going to create some Aqua buttons
for Office?

I don't have a clue how as to how it could be done, but it sure would be cool.

--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, I know about the back color property, but it's not the same or nearly as
attractive as the Aqua buttons.

I've seen where people have created Aqua buttons for Visual Studio, but not
for Office.
--

"BillyRogers" wrote:

When are one of you VBA geniuses out there going to create some Aqua buttons
for Office?

I don't have a clue how as to how it could be done, but it sure would be cool.

--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Help seems to imply that BackColor can be set using standard RGB methods.

If this is true, then nearly any color is possible. I'll play with it this
weekend
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200748

"BillyRogers" wrote:

When are one of you VBA geniuses out there going to create some Aqua buttons
for Office?

I don't have a clue how as to how it could be done, but it sure would be cool.

--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gary,

Sorry but when refer to "Aqua" buttons I'm not referring to the color. I'm
talking about the Mac style buttons (of any color) that look translucent,
rounded and with light reflecting off of them and they have a colored shadow.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see what i'm talking about.

http://www.communitymx.com/content/a...ge=3&cid=4CB81

I think it would require building a control as an add in....somthing I don't
know anything about.
--

"BillyRogers" wrote:

When are one of you VBA geniuses out there going to create some Aqua buttons
for Office?

I don't have a clue how as to how it could be done, but it sure would be cool.

--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My understanding is that you wont be able to get an aqua colour in excel as
regardless of the rgb setting you apply, microsoft works on the basis that it
selects the nearest color to that setting within its built in 32 color
palette that you see on the font/backcolor/patterns screens
--
BerbatovIsGod

"BillyRogers" wrote:

When are one of you VBA geniuses out there going to create some Aqua buttons
for Office?

I don't have a clue how as to how it could be done, but it sure would be cool.

--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sort of a can do and sort of a no can do. For the most part, in .NET you just
use an imagebutton, in excel you can place an image, set its image to an
image of the button and set the click event just like you would a button. You
can even change the image to look like a pressed button to start you code and
change it back at the end. You can download button images for free that are
pressed and not pressed. Keep in mind that this wil NOT look as good in excel
as .NET.
--
-John
is helpful.

"BillyRogers" wrote:

When are one of you VBA geniuses out there going to create some Aqua buttons
for Office?

I don't have a clue how as to how it could be done, but it sure would be cool.

--
Billy Rogers

Dallas,TX

Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Got it!

Forget about a button from either Controls or Forms. Insert a picture of
the desired button (from AutoShapes, or ClipArt, or anywhere). Then assign a
macro to that picture.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200748