Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Enumerations or Collections

I have a spreadsheet with 10 columns and 12000 +/- rows.

I know how to store the information for each row but I have heard that a
more efficient way of storing the data for read/write access is by using
enumerations.

Can anybody give me some help on this and how to set up an enumeration.

--
BerbatovIsGod
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure what you mean by an "enumeration". In VB/VBA, an "enumeration"
or Enum is a type of constant that contains one or more allowable values.
(See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Enums.htm for more info.) These values
are fixed when you write the code -- they cannot be modified at run time.
Perhaps you are thinking of an array. It is much more efficient to load an
array with values from worksheet cells, manipulate the values within the
array, and then transfer the values of the array back to the worksheet.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson