Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Stuck in endless loop, HELP!

I stupidly ran some code that is in an endless loop and displays a
message box and now can't get out of it, the message box wont go away
so I can save the code or anything, any ideas?

Is there a way of stopping macros running once started? The stop
button isn't working.

Thanks, I don't really want to re-write it all again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 5, 1:34 pm, "papou" wrote:
Hello David
If you want to brutally stop the macro running, you can try Ctrl + Pause.

HTH

Cordially
Pascal

"David" a écrit dans le message de news:
om...

I stupidly ran some code that is in an endless loop and displays a
message box and now can't get out of it, the message box wont go away
so I can save the code or anything, any ideas?

Is there a way of stopping macros running once started? The stop
button isn't working.

Thanks, I don't really want to re-write it all again.- Hide quoted text -

THANKS YOU SAVED MY LIFE!

:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Speaking of saving your life...you may also want to try saving your workbook
after making significant changes and before running any macros. I have a
number of times wiped out sheets inadvertantly. I was glad I was able to
quit without saving changes because I had already hit the sloppy-disk icon
before running the macros.

I also like to make copies of the workbook throughout the day in case I need
to go back to one.

Charlie

"David" wrote:

On Oct 5, 1:34 pm, "papou" wrote:
Hello David
If you want to brutally stop the macro running, you can try Ctrl + Pause.

HTH

Cordially
Pascal

"David" a icrit dans le message de news:
om...