Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default need to make cell blank if no data in previous cell

I have a data in columns, I want data to be shown only if there is
data in that row if no data then leave it blank (here is what I am
asking for)

Stock trade Gain/Loss Gain/Loss for all
trades xxxx xxxx xxxxx
abc 4.18% 4.18%
def 3.77%
7.95%
[no trade] N/A 7.95%
[no trade] N/A 7.95%
i want trade column to appear blaink in cell of gain/loss for all
trade instead of showing 7.95%.

If there is no data but the formula is in column, third line shows
7.95%, 4th line shows 7.95%, 5th line 7.95% and this is keep going as
there is formula there. I want to to make if there is no data in GAIN/
LOSS column then GAIN/LOSS FOR ALL TRADES to appear blank.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the IsBlank() worksheet function in your formula.
(This does not require VBA programming, so these types of questions
could/should be posted in the Worksheet.Functions newsgroup.)

For example, if cell A2 is blank, then cell B2 would have the formula:
=IF(ISBLANK(A2),"",YourFormulaHere)

or

=IF(ISBLANK(A2),0,YourFormulaHere), with column $B formatted not to show
values if they are 0.
Bill Renaud