Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HLookup Problem

I have two worksheets, one is a pivot table which displays the employee name
in the first row. The second sheet is a report that looks up a value in the
pivot table based on the employee's name. This works for each employee,
except for two. I can't figure it out. I have checked to make that the name
is spelled exactly the same and that there aren't any leading or trailing
spaces, etc. The formula I am using is
=HLOOKUP(H$6,StaffPivot!$B$4:$Z$30,2)
Where H6 is the employee name in the report, staff pivot is where the data
is located. This is the same formula i am using for other employees and it
works.
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

Try instead:
=HLOOKUP(H$6,StaffPivot!$B$4:$Z$30,2,0)
which looks for an exact match
--
Max
Singapore
"JD McLeod" wrote:
I have two worksheets, one is a pivot table which displays the employee name
in the first row. The second sheet is a report that looks up a value in the
pivot table based on the employee's name. This works for each employee,
except for two. I can't figure it out. I have checked to make that the name
is spelled exactly the same and that there aren't any leading or trailing
spaces, etc. The formula I am using is
=HLOOKUP(H$6,StaffPivot!$B$4:$Z$30,2)
Where H6 is the employee name in the report, staff pivot is where the data
is located. This is the same formula i am using for other employees and it
works.
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline