Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How Can I gets list of all criteria in autofilter for any column

Hello.
I nee a help.
Some days i in searches of the decision of this'
I don't know How to get list all criteria currently avaliable for any
columns where is autofilter. Exel as that does it :( I don't know how do it.
I need this to read all avaliable values and write in to range.
Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How Can I gets list of all criteria in autofilter for any colu

I have found nothing there (VBA help) or might you misunderstand me? :(
I made save screen of exels sheet
Look this: http://aljany.com/Criterias.jpg

Thx.

"papou" wrote:

Hello Valery
See VBA help on object "Filters" , a sample code is supplied there.

HTH
Cordially
PAscal

"Valery" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hello.
I nee a help.
Some days i in searches of the decision of this'
I don't know How to get list all criteria currently avaliable for any
columns where is autofilter. Exel as that does it :( I don't know how do
it.
I need this to read all avaliable values and write in to range.
Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Valery--

JD Walkenbach's web site has information on this topic. Mr.
Walkenbach writes:

One problem with AutoFiltering is that you can't tell which criteria
are in effect. Stephen Bullen developed a custom VBA worksheet
function that displays the current AutoFilter criteria in a cell. The
instructions that follow are for Excel 97 or later.

Here is the web site to get the code.

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip044.htm

Steve G

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Steve
I read this http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip044.htm but it's not
that
I'll now one more try explain my problem
link to file http://aljany.com/Criterias_.jpg
and my example file is here http://aljany.com/My_Book.xls
The first column contains years, the second contains month. On these columns
Autofilter is applied. There is a form of input of filter for users. In it
we choose a year, for example 1977. Excel will filter on a year the first
column and will rotin in Autofilter in the second column collection from
months, for example «august, september, june» are avaliable. How to get this
avaliable criteria values? If the program chooses in form input in listbox
these three months, and I will choose july for example. Now in form input an
only one month - «july» will appear in listbox. And I need all of variants
months on 1977 year. How to take them all avaliable criteria from the list of
Autofilter?
Thx.

Walkenbach writes:

One problem with AutoFiltering is that you can't tell which criteria
are in effect. Stephen Bullen developed a custom VBA worksheet
function that displays the current AutoFilter criteria in a cell. The
instructions that follow are for Excel 97 or later.

Here is the web site to get the code.

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip044.htm

Steve G

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming