Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help! Serious problem with Excel and embedded files

I'm finishing up making a complex catalog that uses embedded images
inside the Excel file, using Excel 2003 for Mac and testing it on
Excel for Windows. It's going great EXCEPT when I print the files from
the Mac, my nicely formatted graphics ENARGE back to their original
pre-laid out sizes, and I get a big ugly mess instead of a nice
catalog. This doesn't happen in the PC version of Excel or in any
other program like Apple's new Numbers, only in Excel. The original
files were JPG that were dragged into the Excel file and resized.
Everything is great except for the instant enlargement of all graphics
when I print (to any kind of printer) from the Mac.

This is a disaster. To have a huge incompatibility in Excel for Mac at
this stage of my catalog building is terrible. Can anyone help me
understand what's going on and how to fix it? Will starting with BMP
files instead of JPG help?