Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default An empty cell = An empty cell ???

When I use two empty cells, excel treats them as if they contain the
same, equal data. So, for example, if both A1 and A2 are empty, the
following formula will return "1": IF(A1=A2,"1").

But I don't want excel to treat those two cells as being equal as long
as they don't really contain any data. So in this case, the above
formula will not return the number "1".
How can I do it?

Thanks,

Amir

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the IsBlank() worksheet function somewhere in your formula to check
both cells first.

Bill Renaud