Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
EA EA is offline

Default VB Code to link to website

I have a button in Excel that I am trying to assign a code so that when it is
clicked it will open a specific webpage. Is this possible? It does not have
to be in VB code, just so long as it fulfills the objective of going to
website using the button (cannot be a hyperlink text).

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you can use this

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm"

--

Regards Ron de Bruin

"EA" wrote in message ...
I have a button in Excel that I am trying to assign a code so that when it is
clicked it will open a specific webpage. Is this possible? It does not have
to be in VB code, just so long as it fulfills the objective of going to
website using the button (cannot be a hyperlink text).

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 3, 7:23 pm, EA wrote:
I have a button in Excel that I am trying to assign a code so that when it is
clicked it will open a specific webpage. Is this possible? It does not have
to be in VB code, just so long as it fulfills the objective of going to
website using the button (cannot be a hyperlink text).

Thanks!

Very simple, even for an average user like myself. The easiest way for
a beginner to start is record a macro i.e. do everything manually (go
to web site etc) Tools - Record New Macro, the when your finished just
stop recording.

You can start cleaning up wasteful code when you start to learn what
that code is actually doing

Use a Button instead of a Command Button, then right click and "assign
macro' that you've just created above

HTH

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 3, 7:23 pm, EA wrote:
I have a button in Excel that I am trying to assign a code so that when it is
clicked it will open a specific webpage. Is this possible? It does not have
to be in VB code, just so long as it fulfills the objective of going to
website using the button (cannot be a hyperlink text).

Thanks!

Second thought have a look at this thread

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...af50300132398c