Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AJ AJ is offline

Default Change Excel Title Bar/Caption

Hello
How can I change the title "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls" to custom title
when I launch a particular work book. This change should occur only if I
launch this work book. If I launch any other excel work book then the normal
should occur i.e. "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls"

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.Caption = "This is my caption"

---
HTH
Roger
Shaftesbury (UK)

"AJ" wrote in message
Hello
How can I change the title "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls" to custom
title
when I launch a particular work book. This change should occur only if I
launch this work book. If I launch any other excel work book then the
normal
should occur i.e. "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls"

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
Application.Caption = "my custom title"
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
Application.Caption = Empty
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.Caption = "my custom title"
End Sub

'This is workbook event code.

---
HTH

Bob

"AJ" wrote in message
Hello
How can I change the title "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls" to custom
title
when I launch a particular work book. This change should occur only if I
launch this work book. If I launch any other excel work book then the
normal
should occur i.e. "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls"

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AJ AJ is offline

Bob Thanks for code, it worked partially.
I still get the File name.xls How can I remove the file name?
Is it possible to remove the Excel Symbol/icon image?

I hope I am not asking for too much.

"AJ" wrote in message
Hello
How can I change the title "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls" to custom
title
when I launch a particular work book. This change should occur only if I
launch this work book. If I launch any other excel work book then the
normal
should occur i.e. "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls"

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AJ AJ is offline

Yes Bob, I get the file name.xls along with "my custom name" instead of
Microsoft Excel.
So maybe I am not clear in what I want. Therefore a quick recap.
The Microsoft Excel is removed but the file name still appears after "my
custom name"
Thanks in advance if it can be solved.

"AJ" wrote in message
Hello
How can I change the title "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls" to custom
title
when I launch a particular work book. This change should occur only if
launch this work book. If I launch any other excel work book then the
normal
should occur i.e. "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls"

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't get that. You do mean that you get say

WorkbookName.xls - my custom title

in the application bar.

--
HTH

Bob

"AJ" wrote in message
Hello
How can I change the title "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls" to
custom
title
when I launch a particular work book. This change should occur only
if
launch this work book. If I launch any other excel work book then
the
normal
should occur i.e. "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls"

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, it's

my custom title - WorkbookName.xls

I think that's just how Excel works. The "caption" you can change is only
the first part of the entire caption, which also includes the file name. If
you don't maximize the open workbook, then the workbook name does not
appear.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"AJ" wrote in message
Hello
How can I change the title "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls" to
custom
title
when I launch a particular work book. This change should occur
only if
launch this work book. If I launch any other excel work book then
the
normal
should occur i.e. "Microsoft Excel - File Name.xls"

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Option Explicit
Private Declare Function FindWindow _
Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" _
(ByVal lpClassName As String, _
ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long
Private Declare Function SetWindowText _
Lib "user32" Alias "SetWindowTextA" _
(ByVal hwnd As Long, _
ByVal lpString As String) As Long

Sub AlterExcelCaption(strCaption As String)
SetWindowText FindWindow("XLMAIN", Application.Caption), strCaption
End Sub

Sub test()
AlterExcelCaption "Just testing"
End Sub