Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Converting numeric Part No. to text

I have a column in my worksheet which contains 16-character part
numbers. Most of these part nos. have characters, and are formatted as
text; however, a small portion of them are completely numeric and are
recognized by Excel as numbers instead of text.

My attempts to convert the entry into text for just these numerics has
been fruitless. I've tried appending a single quote to the left, Str,
and CellFormat, all in VBA, and all that happens is that they're
turned to scientific notation, even though they show up as valid part
nos. in the formula bar.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how I could attack this problem?

Tony R.