Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Import CSV files into template

I need to import multiple CSV files into individual sheets using a simple
template with column headings and gridlines . I found one other person pose
this question; no solution was offered. Is this possible?
I need to run this macro once a month.
TIA,
Gin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi GinTonic

Start with this one
http://www.rondebruin.nl/txtcsv.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"GinTonic" wrote in message ...
I need to import multiple CSV files into individual sheets using a simple
template with column headings and gridlines . I found one other person pose
this question; no solution was offered. Is this possible?
I need to run this macro once a month.
TIA,
Gin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron,

thank you - the import works well. However, the template part has stymied
me. I thought of embedding in your code the column headers, but the csv file
contains the report heading and footing and I couldn't figure out how/where
to insert codes for the column headers.

Thanks,
Gin

"GinTonic" wrote in message ...
I need to import multiple CSV files into individual sheets using a simple
template with column headings and gridlines . I found one other person pose
this question; no solution was offered. Is this possible?
I need to run this macro once a month.
TIA,
Gin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gin

Do you want to add your own headers in the Excel worksheets in row 1?

What are the names of the headers ?
Or is there a range with the headers in the workbook with the code that you can use to copy from ?

--

"GinTonic" wrote in message ...
I need to import multiple CSV files into individual sheets using a simple
template with column headings and gridlines . I found one other person pose
this question; no solution was offered. Is this possible?
I need to run this macro once a month.
TIA,
Gin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

the csv file will populate rows 1 and 2. I would like row 3 to include
column headings:
col 1 = Day
Col 2 = Date
col 3 = Desk
col 4 = General
col 5 = Group
and so on.
the csv file then populates rows 4 thru 35.

Then I would like some text inserted on rows 38 thru 43.

Ron, in the ideal world, I would have a template with the column headings,
gridlines, and text at the bottom. But since that doesn't seem possible, I'm
satisfy with just getting the text portion somehow coded in the script.

TIA,
Gin

"GinTonic" wrote in message ...
I need to import multiple CSV files into individual sheets using a simple
template with column headings and gridlines . I found one other person pose
this question; no solution was offered. Is this possible?
I need to run this macro once a month.
TIA,
Gin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi GinTonic

We can use a sheet template in the code

Do you have a sheet template like this ??
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sheettemplate.htm

I think it will be tomorrow before i post a example