Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy Workbook, Formula Not Working

Hi,

I have a workbook that uses a macro function in a formula

=EditDescription(ROW(),Description)

"Description" is a local (sheet-level) named range down one column on
several sheets, "EditDescription" is a string function to remove LineFeeds,
etc.

It works fine when the workbook is generated on our server, but when I copy
it to my local workstation and open it the formulas don't work. Sheet1 is
OK. What I see on the other sheets is the same description from Sheet1. If
I click in the formula bar and press Enter the formula recalculates
correctly. It picks up the correct description from the named range on that
sheet. If I drag the formula down the column again they all recalculate
correctly.

I've tried using the .Calculate method, and recalculating the sheet from
Tools--Options--Calculation. The only thing that works is clicking in the
formula bar or dragging the formula down the column.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

TIA
Charlie