Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with 'Popup Menu' visibility

Hi all, got a (hopefully small) problem with the visibility of a custom popup
menu, hopefully someone can help.

I have created a small popup/shortcut menu to open when I RMB click on a
TextBox mounted on a Form in Excel.
When I click the RMB to invoke this I get a very faint outline image of the
menu but if I wave the mouse pointer over the image the enabled function
names become visible (unenabled ones do not).

If I select one of the functions it works correctly AND next time I use the
shortcut on any TextBox it works perfectly with the whole menu opening up in
sharp focus.

Any ideas on how to solve this or a workaround?
All help greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom

Top Man! - Yes, I do have screen updating turned off, as I don't want the
spreadsheet flickering about below the form, setting to true befroe showing
the popup sorts the problem of the popup visibility although will show the
spreadsheet changing behind the form when a different sheet has been selected
under the processing of the macro (small price to pay). Can't understand why
the problem only occured 'first time out' and was resolved as soon as a
control has been from the menu??

BTW - This relates to the previous post you replied on regarding Right Mouse
Menus