Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Progmatically set "Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind)" optio

The bit of code below opens the "find" dialog box with the text supplied by a
textbox on a userform.
sFindMe = TextBox1.Value
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show sFindMe

What I would like to do is set the search arguments and pass an "Enter" key
response with out user interaction to the "find" dialog box.
Basically the user would never see the dialog box at all. Trust me, its
necessary. ;)

Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Progmatically set "Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind)" o

Thanks Bob! Allthough I did not fully understand the "VBA Find" use I ended
up with the following code that searches all sheets in the workbook for a
user entered text string via a user form. Turns out I do not need to pass
the "Find Next" value for the find dialog box.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
ActiveSheet.Cells.Select 'set first selection set
sFindMe = TextBox1.Value 'get user value
SearchWorkBook.Hide 'hide userform
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show sFindMe 'start find dialog and
search

Regards

Rick
XP Pro
Office 2007

"Rick S." wrote in message
The bit of code below opens the "find" dialog box with the text supplied
by a
textbox on a userform.
sFindMe = TextBox1.Value
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show sFindMe

What I would like to do is set the search arguments and pass an "Enter"
key
response with out user interaction to the "find" dialog box.
Basically the user would never see the dialog box at all. Trust me, its
necessary. ;)

Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Worms!
The only thing that comes to mind is worms. Do one thing and open a can of
worms on something else. LOL

For and unknown reason (to me), after running the macro, the "Find Dialog
Box" will not open from the ribbon menu or by key commands (CNTRL F).

--
Regards

Rick
XP Pro