Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Synchronous execution using shell function

Hi,

I can start my external application using the shell command and after about
15s it generates a txt file which I then want to process in Excel. How do I
make Excel wait for the application to terminate before processes the code
after the shell command.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

use :
If Application.Wait(Now + TimeValue("0:00:02")) Then
'your code here

Halim

"Chris" wrote:

Hi,

I can start my external application using the shell command and after about
15s it generates a txt file which I then want to process in Excel. How do I
make Excel wait for the application to terminate before processes the code
after the shell command.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From Tom Ogilvy:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=214248
XL2000: How to Force Macro Code to Wait for Outside Procedure

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=129796
HOWTO: 32-Bit App Can Determine When a Shelled Process Ends

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=147392
XL: How to Force Macro Code to Wait for Outside Procedure

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Chris€¯ ezt Ć*rta: