Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can this be Done?

Hi All

I was wondering if there is any way to open xls file without the need of
excel on the computer ?

Jason
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In my opinion, thats impossible,!
Unless you have another program that recognize Excel file format
like Excel Viewer, or you can create your own program to read excel file
without install Excel application on your computer.!

Create using VB6.0, C++ or other program builder.

Halim

"Jason Zischke" wrote:

Hi All

I was wondering if there is any way to open xls file without the need of
excel on the computer ?

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Halim

Thanks for the quick responce, I was wondering if you knew how I'd go about
creating a application that can read an excel file using vb6?

Jason

"Jason Zischke" wrote:

Hi All

I was wondering if there is any way to open xls file without the need of
excel on the computer ?

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not expert in ADODB or something, nut I've modified code from microsoft
help web you can visit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278973

You can download sample there.

Halim

"Jason Zischke" wrote:

Hi All

I was wondering if there is any way to open xls file without the need of
excel on the computer ?

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just some info:

The free viewer (no changes allowed) from Microsoft:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/of...347961033.aspx

and the older version if you can't run the one above:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/xlViewer.exe
(One line in your browser)

or...

Maybe a free spreadsheet program would work:
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

or...

Google Docs offers a free online spreadsheet program (and a word processing
program) that may be able to open your file.
http://docs.google.com

--

Dave Peterson