Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default replay from a database through RTD

I've gone over the simple examples of creating a c# RTD server. No
problem.
I don't know if I'm tired, but I can't see too clearly how to adapt
this so that excel can communicate with the RTD server to let it know
what it wants.

Example. I have a database with lots of data over several days.

Ideally, excel would have a startdate and enddate in two cells.
Upon pressing a button, the RTD server would start up, create a query
based on the startdate and enddate, go to the database to retrieve the
data and then return it at some measured pace through RTD updates.

The greatest ambiguity is how would I get the RTD server to know about
those two cells in Excel and to respond to a 'start' button?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gary,

have a look at these:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285339
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289150

Also, look on these newsgroups for my name - there are a number of other
posts I have made on this ubject.

Good luck!

--
http://www.alignment-systems.com