Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Rename an Array

Hello!
I want to rename an existing array.
The trivial answer would be

dim RenamedArray() as variant
RenamedArray = OldArray

HOWEVER.....
Since the OldArray is REALLY big (300000 x 20), this operation takes several
seconds and sucks up A LOT of RAM while the procedure is executing.
Is there a way to simply rename the OldArray and not have the new array hog
up all the RAM?
Best regards and thank you in advance,
Albert C

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Because depending on other conditions, I might have to use the whole array,
or parts of it. Using parts of the array yields considerable time savings.
However, sometimes I have to use the whole array, so renaming is a better
option than cloning (its a public array that I need to keep for later use).
Well, its kind of confusing, I know, but renaming seems to be the best option
timewise I've come up with so far.