Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Writing hex numbers to a binary file

On Sep 25, 9:55 pm, Fan924 wrote:
I finally figured this out with help from some of you. Open a file,
convert hex to decimal numbers, convert to a character (Chr Function),
and write to file. It works great. Problem..... I can't figure how to
do a HEX2DEC conversion within the macro. Just to test all this, I
created a column next to the hex data using the HEX2DEC function. I
would like to do this without creating a column of decimal numbers.
Any ideas from the expert?

Have a look here.
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=307

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My fault again, I forgot to specify Excel 97.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

just test&use it.
as to my experience, 99.99999% of excel macro is compatible with all
versions, back to the excel-5 from the year 1993

"Fan924" je napisao u poruci interesnoj
oups.com...
My fault again, I forgot to specify Excel 97.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It didn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it couldn't be a version 97-2002 problem, maybe something else

if you are still interested, please clarify the way "it didn't work"
you got the vba compiler error message, or wrong result?