Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Java Script

How does one automate Internet Explorer when a web page has Java Script in
it?
I have working code for a macro within Excel to automatically do things for
regular HTML, and I can find names of boxes within the source for that.
However, when I come across things with Java Script, I have NO idea how to
find the names of links/text boxes/check boxes or even how to activate them.
I've seached through a ton of forums for automate IE, or IE automation, or
Java Script, etc, and have come up with no examples of code for it at all, or
even how to find the links/boxes for activating them. Perhaps there has been
some stuff, but I'm no programmer, so pretty straight forward examples or
instructions may be necessary. Any help would be VERY appreciated, Thanks!!!

Here is an example of the working code for regular HTML

Sub WORKING()
Dim IE
Dim IPF
Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
With IE
.Visible = True
.Navigate "http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/shorttaf.shtml"
Do Until Not .Busy
DoEvents
Loop
Set IPF = IE.Document.all.Item("mw0")
IPF.Value = "LEVC"
Set IPF = IE.Document.all.Item("SUBMIT")
IPF.Value = "submit"
IPF.Click
Do Until Not .Busy
DoEvents
Loop
End With
With IE
.Visible = True
End With
IE.Quit
End Sub

Is there anything applicable like this for Java as well, or is it more
complicated?

PART 2: Also, is there any way to just have the macro utilize an instance
of IE that is already open, instead of opening a new one? THANKS AGAIN!!!