Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting Started with Excel Programming

I am planning on creating a simple program to manage the Unit Trust Funds.
I would like to have a dialog box where user can key in the name of the
share,
date purchased, price, unit invested etc. The program will name the sheet
according to the name of the share and stored all the data into that sheet.
I would like to have a second program where user can then open each sheet
according to the name of the share and key in the current market value, date,
etc where the data will be stored again and computation for the gain or loss
will be output.
As visual basic is a new programming language to me (learnt C programming),
i would like to get some help on starting this program especially on getting
a dialog box, getting data from the dialog box and saving them in Excel
sheets. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It looks like you only need two steps to accomplish this task. I/O is much
simplier in VBA then C language.

1) Search in VBA window help for INPUTBOX.

sub test()

Answer = Inputbox("Enter Data")
Activesheet.Range("A1").value = Answer
'or
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").value = Answer
'or
Activecell.value = Answer
end sub
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Get hold of a starter book, VBA for Dummies by John Walkenbach should be a
good starter.

--
HTH

Bob