Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find a string in a column

Column E has strings identifying items. The number of blank cells between
entries varies. (See below.)

I need to insert a new item, say D01-006, or D01-004b. So I need to find the
row number immediately above the next ID in order to insert the rows the new
item will occupy.

In order to insert D01-006 how can I find the row number immediately above
D02-001, or the row above D01-005 to insert D01-004b?

Francis Hookham

D01-001

D01-002

D01-003