Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default code is not selecting correct range

I have a strange problem -- the macro is not selecting, copying or pasting to
the correct ranges. When I do a F8 step by step debug review, it seems as if
it actually skips the Range(...).Select code.

The new select and paste ranges that are not be selected properly were
edited from previously coded ranges -- the macro is still selecting the old
ranges but the ranges are not coded in this macro! how do I fix this?
thanks.

Steve

Sub Set_Price()
'
' Set_Buyback_Price Macro

Sheets("A4_Targets").Select
Range("f13:f28").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("A1_Scenario Input").Select
Range("cq331").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

Sheets("A4_Targets").Select
Range("f36:f51").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("A1_Scenario Input").Select
Range("cr301").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is this stored in a regular module (as opposed to a sheet module)?
And you can streamline the code by doing no selecting:
For example, change this:
Sheets("A4_Targets").Select
Range("f13:f28").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("A1_Scenario Input").Select
Range("cq331").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

to this:
Sheets("A4_Targets").Range("f13:f28").Copy
Sheets("A1_Scenario Input").Range("cq331").PasteSpecial
Paste:=xlPasteValues

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"SteveC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Since this code was edited from an existing macro, I wonder if the original
macro still exists? If so, is it possible that the old macro is being called
instead of the edited one (i.e. old macro still assigned to a button or old
macro name being selected from the list)?

Just a thought.
--
n00b lookn for a handout :)

"SteveC" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Try the following:
Sheets("A1_Scenario Input").Activate
Sheets("A4_Target").Range("F13:F28").Copy
Range("C1").Select
Skipblanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Sheets("A4_Target").Range("F36:F51").Copy
Range("d1").Select
Skipblanks:=False, Transpose:=False

It is not necessary to select or even activate a sheet to copy from it.

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail