Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code modification?

I was graciously provided a macro that deletes all rows not having certain
values in col A. In the following line:

ArrNames = Array("Agt", "Agent")

Is it possible to add a wildcard to "Agt"? Those are just the first 3
letters of the lines I'm looking for and are followed by more text. None of
the rows are unique and are being deleted as a result of the routine.

I have pasted the provided code below, should the above make no sense.

Thank you for your help!!

Ken

Sub Loop_Example()

Dim Firstrow As Long
Dim Lastrow As Long
Dim Lrow As Long
Dim CalcMode As Long
Dim ViewMode As Long
Dim ArrNames As Variant

With Application
CalcMode = .Calculation
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With

With ActiveSheet
.Select

ViewMode = ActiveWindow.View
ActiveWindow.View = xlNormalView

.DisplayPageBreaks = False

Firstrow = .UsedRange.Cells(7).Row
Lastrow = .UsedRange.Rows(.UsedRange.Rows.Count).Row

ArrNames = Array(" Agt ID", "Agent Summary")

For Lrow = Lastrow To Firstrow Step -1

With .Cells(Lrow, "A")

If Not IsError(.Value) Then

If IsError(Application.Match(.Value, ArrNames, 0)) Then
..EntireRow.Delete

End If

End With

Next Lrow

End With

ActiveWindow.View = ViewMode
With Application
.ScreenUpdating = True
.Calculation = CalcMode
End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I believe you could use the LIKE operator to do this.

If YourString like "ABC*" 'Finds cells that start with ABC.

If YourString like "*ABC*" 'Finds cells with ABC anywhere in them
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt