Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2003 Macro in Excel 2000 Environment

I have Excel 2003 macro but have a customer who still uses Excel 2000. Is
there a way in Excel 2003 to run the macro that simulates the Excel 2000
environment? My customer previously tried to run the macro but received an
error message.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The only truely safe way is to create the macro in 2000. That code will be
forwards compatible (except pivot table code). 2003 is not backwards
compatible. Here are some of the usual culprets however...

References - One of the big one is ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 library

Pivot tables - code for pivot tables was fundamentally changed for 2002.
That code requres a major rewrite between versions as the data engine changed.

Sorting - A couple of extra paramters were added in 2002 xlSortDataOption.
This prameter can noramlly be deleted as it is normally xlSortNormal.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"fatherof5clones" wrote:

I have Excel 2003 macro but have a customer who still uses Excel 2000. Is
there a way in Excel 2003 to run the macro that simulates the Excel 2000
environment? My customer previously tried to run the macro but received an
error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have to remove the offending line of code, which must refer to something
added to VBA after Excel 2000. There's no "environment" to simulate.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions