Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
al al is offline

Default Help with insert a row

I am looking for something that will search col. ,
then check for a value (like the word "Building") , insert
a blank row above it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't say which column so this works for Column A
Right click the sheet tab, view code and paste this in

Sub atomic()
For x = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1
If Cells(x, 1).Value = "Building" Then
Cells(x, 1).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert
End If
Next
End Sub

To make it work for another column change the A to the other letter and the
1 in (x,1) to the column Number (D for example is 4)

Mike