Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Restrict Copy to Values only?

Hi guys,

Could anyone be able to help me. I have two workbooks where the user
must copy range of cells from one to the other, but only the values.

Is there an automated way of restricting the copy function to only
copy values?

That is, within the first workbook, whenever the user copies some
cells (via Ctrl+C or the toolbar) excel only copies the values.
Therefore, in the second workbook the user only has to paste.

Regards
Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This sounds like it isn't a programming question, so:

There is no setting that will make Ctrl+C copy only values.

or Ctrl+V paste only values.

You can lock all cells, mark all cells hidden and protect the sheet for the
source sheet and the user won't be able to copy formulas if that is your
intent.

Tom Ogilvy

"nickm687" wrote:

Hi guys,

Could anyone be able to help me. I have two workbooks where the user
must copy range of cells from one to the other, but only the values.

Is there an automated way of restricting the copy function to only
copy values?

That is, within the first workbook, whenever the user copies some
cells (via Ctrl+C or the toolbar) excel only copies the values.
Therefore, in the second workbook the user only has to paste.

Regards
Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe i should rephrase.

I am hoping to lock a worksheet so that only paste values is allowed.

therefore whenever a user goes to paste it is only the the values,
nothing else. the worksheet i am using contains much formatting but
requires copying from another workbook, which in turn messes up
everything.

Regards
Nick