Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Subtract 5 minutes from Now()

If A1 = 5
How can I display a Date/Time [A1] minutes earlier than Now()

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=now()-(a1/60/24)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Chuck" wrote in message
If A1 = 5
How can I display a Date/Time [A1] minutes earlier than Now()

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this:

=NOW()-5/(24*60)
Format the cell in an appropriate date/time format.

Just be aware that the cell won't keep incrementing at regular
intervals....Only when you recalculate.

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Chuck" wrote in message
If A1 = 5
How can I display a Date/Time [A1] minutes earlier than Now()

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Actually, to match your request to use the value in Cell A1....

Try this:
=NOW()-A1/(24*60)

--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Chuck" wrote in message
If A1 = 5
How can I display a Date/Time [A1] minutes earlier than Now()

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Since I always have a hard time remembering the "24*60" (not sure why), I
prefer to do this another way.

=NOW()-TIME(0,A1,0)

or you could try the following for a constant time period:

=NOW()-"00:05:00"

Thanks,
Mike