Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Converting Text to a hyperlink

Howdie

Column A I have a list of names
Column K I have a corresponding list of email addresses (these are
Hyperlinks with a mail to command within the hyperlink)
Thus for eg
A1 = John Smith
K1 =

Now I want to create a new column say L which would say John Smith in it
(but would have the hyperlink of
) as its neater just
to see the name and be able to click on it rather than the full
address...

I need to do it for all data in the columns....

Appreciate any assistance!

Regards

*** Sent via Developersdex
http://www.developersdex.com ***
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What you want is both very easy and very useful:

=HYPERLINK("mailto:" & K1,A1)

entered in L1

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007

"Darin Kramer" wrote:

Howdie

Column A I have a list of names
Column K I have a corresponding list of email addresses (these are
Hyperlinks with a mail to command within the hyperlink)
Thus for eg
A1 = John Smith
K1 =

Now I want to create a new column say L which would say John Smith in it
(but would have the hyperlink of
) as its neater just
to see the name and be able to click on it rather than the full
address...

I need to do it for all data in the columns....

Appreciate any assistance!

Regards

*** Sent via Developersdex
http://www.developersdex.com ***

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Awesome!!! Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But.... when I copy and paste values(as I'd like to move that cell to
another book), Excel forgets that it is a hyperlink - ie clicking it no
longer launches email...

Ideas...?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you copy a hyperlink and then paste/special/value somewhere else, the copy
will be "cold" (un-clickable). To make the hyperlink "hot" just select the
cell, touch F2, then touch ENTER.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007