Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Opening Hyperlink

Can someone please tell me if and how it is possible to use a keyboard
shortcut to open a hyperlink contained in an excel spreadsheet?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assumming the hyperlink is in Sheet1!A1, this will follow/open the hyperlink.

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Hyperlinks(1).Fol low

You can put that in macro and assign a shortcut key to the macro..

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Nicki" wrote:

Can someone please tell me if and how it is possible to use a keyboard
shortcut to open a hyperlink contained in an excel spreadsheet?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you could write a macro something like this

Sub Macro1()
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+h

Range("C2").Select
Selection.Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWindow:=False, AddHistory:=True
End Sub

"Nicki" wrote:

Can someone please tell me if and how it is possible to use a keyboard
shortcut to open a hyperlink contained in an excel spreadsheet?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Nicki" wrote:
Can someone please tell me if and how it is possible to use a keyboard
shortcut to open a hyperlink contained in an excel spreadsheet?

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

I am working with Nicki and have the same question as her. I typed in
what jhyatt told me but it is not working. How do I finalize the
request? Pressing enter does not work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sep 18, 3:34 pm, wrote:
On Sep 18, 12:38 pm, jhyatt wrote:

you could write a macro something like this

Sub Macro1()
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+h

Range("C2").Select
Selection.Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWindow:=False, AddHistory:=True
End Sub

When I hit run it states Subscript out of range. My Data I want to
open is in Column B going from 3 to 2535. What can I do to make this
work?

"Nicki" wrote:
Can someone please tell me if and how it is possible to use a keyboard
shortcut to open a hyperlink contained in an excel spreadsheet?

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

I am working with Nicki and have the same question as her. I typed in
what jhyatt told me but it is not working. How do I finalize the
request? Pressing enter does not work.- Hide quoted text -