Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Alignment of Figures

Hi Tom,

One thing I do know is that if you use the Format 0;0;; it hides the
zeros in a Worksheet, but I don't think it is relevant in this
situation because the figures output are within a string.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

On Sep 17, 1:18 pm, Paul Black wrote:
Thanks Tom,

..Offset(3, 0).Value = "For " & P & " numbers there are " & _
Right(space(15) & Format(tly,"#,##0"),15) & _
" x different values of " & cmb & " numbers.

... does do exactly as I have requested, thank you.
I normally use "Tahoma", which as you quite rightly said, does not
align them correctly.

Thanks Again.
All the Best.
Paul

On Sep 17, 11:30 am, Tom Ogilvy
wrote:

..Offset(3, 0).Value = "For " & P & " numbers there are " & _
Right(space(15) & Format(tly,"#,##0"),15) & _
" x different values of " & cmb & " numbers. "

Would be the direction I would go. With proportionally spaced fonts, it
would be difficult to get exact. If you use courier new, it would work.

Perhaps something similar for "cmb" and "P" possibly - you know what you
want better than I. #,###,##0 is redundant. #,##0 will do the same.

? format("1000000000","#,###,##0")
1,000,000,000
? format("1000000000","#,##0")
1,000,000,000

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul Black" wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have the following ...

..Offset(3, 0).Value = "For " & P & " numbers there are " & Format(tly,
"###,###,##0") & " x different values of " & cmb & " numbers. "

.... which includes figures upto and including millions.
The thing is that the above code ONLY produces figures that are
relevent.
Is there a way that I can get it so the figures align under each other
please. What I mean by that is there will be potentially several
spaces before the figure output because it might only be 1, and the
next figiure might be 256,369.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul- Hide quoted text -