Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Invoke Edit Mode

Is there a way in VBA to put the active cell into edit mode and to cancel
edit mode? TIA, James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I'm unclear about what you mean by 'Edit Mode'. If you want to edit the
active cell using code then you can simply say:-

activecell.value= 1
activecell.value="Myvalue"
activecell.value=activecell.value+7

Can you be more precise about what you are trying to do.

Mike

"Zone" wrote:

Is there a way in VBA to put the active cell into edit mode and to cancel
edit mode? TIA, James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I thought I would start recording a macro, hit F2 to enter edit mode,
then stop recording to see what the VBA code was, but you cannot stop
recording a macro while in edit mode.

How modal.

- David

Zone wrote:
Is there a way in VBA to put the active cell into edit mode and to cancel
edit mode? TIA, James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I may be missing something but my point remains the same, what is the OP
actually trying to do? If you want a macro to active edit mode on a cell
paste this in, put a button on the worksheet to call it:-

Sub stance()
SendKeys "{F2}"
End Sub

Mike

Zone wrote:
Is there a way in VBA to put the active cell into edit mode and to cancel
edit mode? TIA, James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That does it. Thanks, Mike!

Zone wrote:
Is there a way in VBA to put the active cell into edit mode and to
cancel
edit mode? TIA, James

Combo Box goes to edit mode even if design mode is in OFF position Chas Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 7th 05 07:21 PM
Edit mode Ken Travers Excel Programming 2 November 7th 04 09:57 PM
Edit Mode Nicke[_8_] Excel Programming 0 October 15th 04 12:49 PM
Edit Mode Nicke[_5_] Excel Programming 1 October 15th 04 11:59 AM
VBA code: how to invoke data entry mode Becky Ryan Excel Programming 2 October 15th 03 09:58 PM